BENEFITS of MEMBERSHIP
Our MEMBERSHIP YEAR begins July 1 and ends June 30.
- Subscription to our quarterly, Chicago Genealogist, containing historical articles on the Chicago area, record abstracts, queries, book reviews, family history records, and Bible records
- Subscription to our newsletter containing program news, publications on sale, new publications, schedule of upcoming seminars and meetings, what's new in research, and helpful hints
- 10% discount on CGS publications
- Participation in group research projects, such as transcribing tombstone inscriptions
- Participation in Special Interest Groups
- Participation in special committee activities
- Free queries in our quarterly
- Voting privileges at the Annual Meeting
If you would like a membership card, please send a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope).
- First-time members will receive four issues of the quarterly; however,
receipt of newsletters starts with the completion of the membership process.
- Renewal period is from May 1 through July 31.
- If you renew after August 1, you may miss some issues because you
will only receive issues from the date your membership process is completed.
- Also, if you renew (or join) after August 1, we reserve the right to substitute
photocopies of newsletters and quarterlies.
New members and renewing members are asked to complete our membership application
This page was updated 01/23/2005.
Thank you for stopping by!
©2002-2005 Chicago Genealogical Society